||[Aug. 20th, 2006|03:59 am]
A few weeks ago I decided that I should probably make the most of the fact that my dad lives 20 minutes away from Canterbury.
The chain of events was as follows:
1) Wanted to see Kent play this season (already going to Rose Bowl this year, albeit to see England).
2) Saw a fixture for a 40-overs match on a Sunday in Canterbury in September, against Gloucestershire (with Jon Lewis, Gladiator). Yay!
And this is where I did everything in the wrong order:
3) Asked Lisa if she wanted to come, because I didn't think my dad liked cricket and I didn't want to go on my own.
4) Asked Reece if she wanted to come.
5) Asked my dad if it was possible. He thought I meant me and him. Says yes, we can go, I'll book the tickets after holiday.
7) Tell Lisa that it might not be possible for her to come.
8) Ask my dad if a friend can come, and he agrees.
9) I ask Reece.
10) Get upset and feel guilty about Baker and Lisa.
11) Tell my dad that actually I was planning on asking if I could go with my friends... but he could still come if he wants to.
12) Get told that he doesn't want to go with my friends and that, actually, it's too far to go for a day's cricket for us girls so it's not really possible.
13) Get very upset (but don't tell anyone).
14) Dither over asking Dad if just me and him can go, or me and him and Emily like we discussed before.
15) Dad goes on holiday with children for two weeks without it being discussed again.
I want to go see Kent, and I want to go this year. I want to go with Reece because she's my cricket buddy and it just won't be the same watching Parrot Man and Beer Man and The Boy Who Would Be Vegetarian without her. Having a possible cricket match marked in next April or May, when I'm doing my AS levels, actually makes me want to cry. I can't think that far ahead. I need to have something nice during September/October that'll drag me through college.
Damn cricket. My dad doesn't even like it. He lies. And he shouldn't lie, looking as much like Jesus as he does.
Oh oh! *runs off to check West Malling-Canterbury train times*